Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Julie Coiro Article
I found this article to be very interesting. From watching my Son and a lot of my students it never accured to me that they might be having difficulties in reading text on the internet. I also didn't know that frameworks for assessing technology literacy was part of No Child Left Behind. I have a hard time with all this technology stuff because of my old fashion ways. Technology in my mind as made are world very lazy. I learned more from having to do things like using a dictionary or reading and outlining text books that you had to go to the library to obtain to taking well organized notes on what you read. Now everthing can be done for you with a press of a button. I do find it amazing that so much is being done to help students understand online text and how to have success at it, how to navigate through web sites and how to know what is true and what is not.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment